Thursday, December 4, 2014

Week 13

I chose to read Watchmen, having seen the movie first I knew the storyline and the characters. So it was interesting to see the similarities between the comic and film. A lot of the camera angles were dramatized in the film compared to the comic which already had pretty dramatic angles to convey space and height. It was fun to read the parts that weren't involved in the film for time reasons. I really enjoyed reading the comic, Finally being able to read the original format which the story was written made me love the film even more but also gave me a huge appreciation for the comic in itself, since there is so much to it in the details that animators took their time to really nail down certain aspects of it, considering my major is motion design I look for those pieces of eye candy which get me all excited and happy. From my viewpoint, when i think of comics this is the traditional style I think of when comics are mentioned. The story has a classic flow, from a sudden opening into softer but intense moments that would lead you deep into the heart of story, before you realizing your halfway through the story and hours have past because your so immersed into the story as if you were actually there with the characters. The extreme graphic lighting and shading to define the contouring of people's faces and bodies to the background elements. Strong and very masculine characters no matter the gender, because in our eyes here in America, we are the land of strong and our depictions of who we see as heroes are tall, fit and incredibly strong. This comic is definitely something everyone should read, the emotional flow of the story is probably the strongest part that drives this and grabs onto every last person that reads it because it has a mix of history and science fiction and fantasy, whether the reader enjoys it or not it grabs you and drags you right into the story without your realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment