Thursday, December 4, 2014

Week 15

Original:
I read a majority of Little Nemo in Slumberland, not just the Palace of Ice. In the beginning I found myself reading word for word and then scanning over the page again to look at the images. After a while I began to just look at the images and quickly scan the word bubbles. The imagery flowed so well that my mind was able to create its own dialogue to match the imagery based on the past pages. Nemo would go to bed and be asked to hurry to the Palace because the princess was crying and needed to see him, only to get scared by something and get into some trouble ultimately calling to his parents where he'd wake up to himself fallen out of bed and one of his parents/grandparents scolding him for eating something before bed that resulted in the dream.


Revised:

I read a majority of Little Nemo in Slumberland, not just the Palace of Ice. In the beginning I found myself reading word for word and then scanning over the page again to look at the images. Because each story was similar in the way it started and ended, after a while I began to just look at the images and quickly scan the word bubbles until I was able to get the heart of that particular story where different characters and dialogues were introduced. The imagery was so soft and had almost a fairytale feel, it flowed so well that my mind was able to create its own dialogue where the parts seemed similar to previous pages. It was comical in the beginning where Little Nemo would get into trouble for screaming in the night for help and the family saying they wouldn't him certain things to avoid these dreams instead of really listening. Little Nemo would go to bed and be asked to hurry to the Palace because the princess was crying and needed to see him, only to get scared by something and get into some trouble ultimately calling to his parents where he'd wake up to himself fallen out of bed. To see this as a film would be amazing especially when he's in Slumberland. I can imagine the highly detailed castle and all the animations moving around in a soft and light fashion that you too would feel as if your dreaming. But instead of Little Nemo waking up every time, it would be more of an adventure like Alice in Wonderland. 3D aspects would make even more epic and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment